Advertising your rental property requires a lot more than an online ad and a yard sign. Your advertising plan has to be strategic in order to be successful, and you’ll need to know who your ideal residents are and how to reach them.
A good advertising campaign will result in the placement of a high quality resident quickly, and for the maximum rent. There are a few things you need to know before you begin advertising a rental property in Sacramento.
Make your Sacramento Home Rent-Ready
Before you list your property on the market, you have to make sure it’s move-in ready. Prospective residents won’t want to see a home that’s almost ready. They’ll want to imagine moving their things in right away. So, make sure you’ve created some curb appeal so that the property feels welcoming and looks attractive. Have the entire place cleaned and make sure everything is working and functional.
Don’t start advertising your home until you’re ready for prospective renters to see it. Everything needs to look, smell, and feel fantastic.
Proper Pricing: Know the Sacramento Rental Market
Your advertising needs to include your rental price, and this will make the difference between residents flocking to see your home or ignoring it completely. Your rental value will depend on a number of factors, including location, size, condition, and the strength of the market.
Pay attention to the market. You need to know your competition, and you need to know what the average days on market will be for the area. If rental properties aren’t moving because there’s a lot of inventory, you may need to price the property more competitively. If it’s a great market and inventory is low, you can afford to price it a little higher.
Knowing how long homes like yours stay on the market will help you establish the right price and set your expectations for how long it will take to rent it. These things impact your advertising strategy, and need to be considered.
Online Advertising in Sacramento
The best place to advertise your Sacramento rental property is online. Yard signs still work for some properties; if potential residents are driving or walking through the neighborhood, they might see a house for rent and inquire. However, the best way to reach the most potential residents is by advertising your property on the most popular rental sites. Make sure you have exposure on sites like Zillow, HotPads, Rent.com, and Zumper.
An effective advertisement has outstanding photos. Make sure your pictures are high quality and shot with great lighting and from advantageous angles. Include photos of the front of the property, the kitchen, bedrooms, and bathrooms. If there’s outdoor space, have a great picture of that, too. The listing should be descriptive and highlight the best features of your property. Don’t forget to include pertinent details such as price, number of bedrooms, whether pets are allowed, and your contact information.
Be Responsive When Scheduling Showings
When interested prospective residents contact you, make your response a priority. If you don’t return phone calls or messages, you’ll lose those prospects. Good residents have plenty of options, and they won’t waste their time chasing you down. Schedule showings and facilitate easy applications.
Part of advertising your home is tracking your results. You need to know how many leads you should be expecting from prospects weekly. This will tell you if there is a problem. If your property isn’t getting any interest, you might have to adjust the price. If it’s getting plenty of showings but no one is applying, there might be a problem with its condition or the way it shows. Always ask for feedback after every viewing. This will help you make any necessary adjustments.
If you’d like some help advertising your rental property successfully, please contact us at Sacramento Delta Property Management. We can help you quickly and effectively lease your property.
- Sacramento Landlord’s Guide to Successfully Advertising Their Rental Property
- Who Is Responsible for What? | Sacramento Landlord vs. Resident Responsibilities
- Understanding Reasonable Accommodation vs. Reasonable Modification | Sacramento Property Management
- What is a Protected Class Under Federal Fair Housing Laws? | Guide To Sacramento, CA Fair Housing
- How to Create a Strong Rental Agreement? | Sacramento Property Management Tips
- Companion Animal vs. Service Animal | Sacramento Property Management Education
- How to Handle Medical Marijuana For Your Rental Property | Sacramento Property Management
- Inspections: How a Sacramento Property Manager Protects Your Rental Home
- How to Get the Most Money for Your Sacramento Rental Property
- How to Properly Screen Sacramento Tenants to Avoid Eviction
- Landlord’s Guide to Successfully Advertising Their Rental Property
- Who Is Responsible for What? Sacramento Landlord vs. Resident Responsibilities
- Understanding Reasonable Accommodation VS Reasonable Modification
- What is a Protected Class Under Federal Fair Housing Laws - Guide To Sacramento, CA Fair Housing
- How to Create a Strong Rental Agreement? Sacramento Property Management Tips
- Sacramento Delta Property Management
- Sacramento Delta